Everyone dreams! Yes, everyone!
Although you may not remember your dreams, they are required to keep us healthy. REM (dreaming) – is especially important for brain development.
Dreaming . . .
- helps the body restore itself
- helps digest, harmonize and re-organize all of the events of our day
- fosters resilience to stressful situations the following day
- enhances creativity & problem solving
- connects us to our unconscious wisdom
Dreams illustrate, through a symbolic language, fragments of the Self. These can be disowned, disassociated or latent aspects which are looking to be integrated into the Self. Therefore the focus of working with dreams is to reconnect and integrate these fragments into the Self, unlocking the hidden wisdom and magic within them.
Jung says “Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”